Friday After 5 Application Process for position of Executive Director:
- Send cover letter, resume and any letter of recommendations to us before 5pm August 1st at [email protected]
- We will acknowledge all submissions.
- Our search committee will narrow the candidates to five or fewer and the most qualified candidates will be asked to make a presentation to our board of directors. All submissions will remain confidential.
- Friday After 5 plans to announce the new Executive Director in early September. You may see our media release announcing the position, just click here.
Job Description for Executive Director of Friday After 5, Inc.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of FRIDAY AFTER 5 programs; designs, plans; provides leadership and performs other related work as required.
Key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of the FRIDAY AFTER 5 mission. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
This is a full-time position, hired as a “contract employee”. The ED is an at-will employee who serves at the pleasure of the Board of Directors.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION CHARACTERISTICS
The ED is responsible for implementing existing policy, developing goals, administering FRIDAY AFTER 5’s budget and directing the day-to-day administration and operations of all aspects of FRIDAY AFTER 5. The ED uses considerable judgment and independence in planning and programming FRIDAY AFTER 5’s work.
- Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill FRIDAY AFTER 5’s mission statement. “Our mission is to promote community, goodwill and economic development by creating and producing a family-friendly free entertainment weekly event during the summer along the Owensboro riverfront and downtown.”
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, a timely and accurate accounting of all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops the resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of FRIDAY AFTER 5.
- Develops, plans and coordinates the securing of individual and business sponsorships necessary to support FRIDAY AFTER 5.
- Supervises the preparation and administration of the annual budget and oversees preparation of all reports to the Board of Directors including cash flow, budget, and profit and loss.
- Responsible for the maintenance of approved budgetary controls.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and volunteers to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Assures that the organization has a long-range strategy, and that program decisions are consistent with and achieve Friday After 5 mission and vision.
- Provides leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and carries out plans and policies authorized by the Board.
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations; ensures that appropriate documentation is in place, processes are followed, and deadlines are met.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends related to Friday After 5 to improve existing programs and seek opportunities for new programs.
- Establishes liaison with the City of Owensboro, Daviess County Fiscal Court, Convention Center, Convention & Visitors Bureau and partner Venues.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Friday After 5 by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization and Communication: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of Friday After 5 are appropriate.
- Sees that the Board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and the important factors influencing Friday After 5.
- Responsible for coordinating recruitment of volunteers.
- Publicizes the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establishes sound working relationships with community groups and organizations, accurately representing the programs and point of view of FA5 to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Conducts official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, executes legal documents.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
- Supervise and collaborate with Friday After 5 volunteers.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Serve as Friday After 5’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public when required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance Friday After 5’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Ideally, the Executive Director has earned a Bachelor-Degree a field related to the mission of Friday After 5 and/or has a dedication to its mission. Experience in community public event planning and festival programming is highly desirable.
ABILITY TO: Act as a visionary to develop and implement long-range program goals, plan, coordinate and oversee large-scale community and special events; develop, implement and interpret policies, procedures, goals, objectives and work standards; analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and make creative recommendations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted within the course of work; represent FRIDAY AFTER 5 effectively in meetings with others and maintain accurate records; prepare clear and concise reports, meeting
Ideal candidates will have:
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Implement personnel and operations policies.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning, with the ability to envision and convey Friday After 5’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrate ability to oversee and collaborate with volunteers.
- Ability to successfully generate new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Ability to evaluate program effectiveness and recommending and implementing changes and exercising sound, independent judgment within established guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires sufficient mobility to work in a typical office setting and attend meetings, vision sufficient to read printed materials, and hearing and speech sufficient to exchange information in person and over the telephone, computer and other electronic information technology systems.
Accommodation’s may be made for some of the above qualifications for individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.