A Mile of Seven Venues of Free Entertainment
Friday After 5 includes seven venues of live entertainment all along the beautiful Owensboro, Kentucky riverfront.
- The Friday After 5 Party at the Kentucky Legend Pier® at the Owensboro Convention Center – sponsored by Deaconess, The Women’s Hospital and Ruoff Home Mortgage.
- The Jagoe Home Patio Stage on the BB&T Plaza at the RiverPark Center – sponsored by Jagoe Homes.
- The Atmos Energy Courtyard at the RiverPark Center – sponsored by Atmos Energy.
- The Kroger Street Fair on Veterans Boulevard includes vendors, unique children’s events and special appearances by your favorite cartoon land stars in beautiful Smothers Park – sponsored by Kroger.
- Glenn’s Gospel on the River, a series of free concerts featuring gospel groups in the RiverPark Center’s beautiful Cannon Hall – sponsored by Glenn Family Services.
- Glenn’s Worship on the Water, a free concert in the RiverPark Center’s Cannon Hall featuring Contemporary Christian groups – sponsored by Glenn Family Services.
- The beautiful Romain Subaru Overlook Stage near the signature fountains host the “Hottest Local Talent”
- Friday After 5 officially welcomes the Holiday Inn to the party, creating a full “mile of music” along the Owensboro Riverfront
Kroger Street Fair – Fun For Everyone
Each week’s theme is different for the Kroger Street Fair. We host a kids Hula-Hoop Contest and invite the five contestants to center stage to see who can “Twist Again Like We Did Last Summer” the longest while hula hooping! Winner gets a Welborn Floral Kids Gift Basket! Then we choose five couples from the sponsors or Pre-Unions to enter the Water Balloon Toss Contest. The winning couple gets a $30 Kroger Gift Card. Losers get a towel. We all meet at sundown to “Toast the Sunset” as it dips into the Ohio. Then the nightlife continues.
Policy for Venues
RiverPark Center and the Owensboro Convention Center will allow guests of all ages, however; anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult over the age of 21.