Six Venues of Free Entertainment
Friday After 5 includes six venues of live entertainment all along the beautiful Owensboro, Kentucky riverfront.
- The Legendary Party at the Pier at the Owensboro Convention Center – sponsored by Kentucky Legend hams.
- The Jagoe Home Patio Stage on the BB&T Plaza at the RiverPark Center – sponsored by Jagoe Homes.
- The Atmos Energy Courtyard at the RiverPark Center – sponsored by Atmos Energy.
- The Kroger Street Fair on Veterans Boulevard includes vendors, unique children’s events and special appearances by your favorite cartoon land stars in beautiful Smothers Park – sponsored by Kroger.
- Glenn’s Gospel on the River, a series of free concerts featuring gospel groups in the RiverPark Center’s beautiful Cannon Hall – sponsored by Glenn Family Services.
- Glenn’s Worship on the Water, a free concert in the RiverPark Center’s Cannon Hall featuring Contemporary Christian groups – sponsored by Glenn Family Services.
- AT&T “Your Thing” on the beautiful Overlook Stage near the signature fountains – sponsored by AT&T.
Kroger Street Fair – Fun For Everyone
Each week’s theme is different for the Kroger Street Fair. We host a kids Hula-Hoop Contest and invite the five contestants to center stage to see who can “Twist Again Like We Did Last Summer” the longest while hula hooping! Winner gets a Welborn Floral Kids Gift Basket! Then we choose five couples from the sponsors or Pre-Unions to enter the Water Balloon Toss Contest. The winning couple gets a $30 Kroger Gift Card. Losers get a towel. We all meet at sundown to “Toast the Sunset” as it dips into the Ohio. Then the nightlife continues.